17 December, 2008

The Price of Government for the People.

It is time to pay.  Pay your fair share.  Would I like low taxes?  Yes.  Would I like low taxes at the expense of our government not being able to function?  No.  I'm willing to pay for competent government.  

You, dear American reader, and I have made a deal to live together in relative harmony for the better.  It is up to us to create the peace to enable us to survive together.  That is the point of us creating this nation.  To enhance our ability to survive by banding together to form a more perfect union, in order to suffer less, and live more.  Sometimes, this takes money.

I want the same government that administers Medicare to be in charge of a national healthcare program.  I want the same government that allowed the banks to gamble away obscene amounts of money, to administer the national stimulus package.  I want the same government that tortures people to oversee the proceedings that bring torture to an end.  I want those who bombed and killed and broke the dignity and hope of millions of people, to lead the way in restoring the health and well being of those people and the families of those people.  Why?  I am that government.  You are that government.  Together, we can make positive changes in OUR government.

At the very least, be prepared to get out your checkbook.  Better yet, get out there and create the changes you want to see in your community.  There is a lot of work to be done.  We have left too much to the charlatans.  It's time to get to work and lift ourselves, and the world, up.

See you on the front lines.

No comments: